5.17.2010

Millie Caroline




My Girl.
She's half way there.
Half way to 18!
Bart and I cannot believe we have crossed the threshold from the "Front 9 of Parenting to the Back 9"
We were retelling the beginning of her story at breakfast over scones.
We went to the hospital several times only to wait 5 days past her due date.
We called Gigi early on May 17th to say we were in labor and she hopped on a plane to Florida.
By 3:41 pm she arrived.
Our baby girl ( and grandma Gigi:)
She had those big brillant eyes....with her long eyelashes.
We knew even then she would be tall like her Daddy.
She is named for my sweet Mom, but cannot be more of a Garrett!
Caroline teaches us something every day.
She is an avid reader and a curious observer.
She is extremely thoughtful and very giving.
We tell the girls often, how blessed they are to have such a wonderful big sister.

Happy BIRTHday, Baby Girl.

3 comments:

  1. my goodness I can't believe she is 9! I remember her birth day so well, I know exactly where I was when you called to say that she was born. We talked about her amazing long eyelashes and how you sang God is so Good with your grandparents over the phone. Precious Caroline, I'm thankful for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how I wish I could hug you all.
    XXXOOO
    Love to all my California family.
    Miss Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet caroline...loving you! you are such a treasure and gift ti your parents and your sisters!!
    love you!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete