11.02.2009

Tantrums

Just when I think I am getting old
(like standing for an entire concert/4 hours with Bart in San Francisco last week and thinking my knee caps might fall off:)...
I feel like my two year old today.
I want to throw a tantrum or two or three.
My Cammie even cried herself to sleep.
Phew.
Maybe I should try that!
Things are not that bad. Life just doesn't always go as you plan and there is more to do in a day than you can ever accomplish. Relationships are wonderful and messy and exhausting and sweet. And the piles of laundry and paper and artwork and bills and dishes and shoes, never go away. There is so much more of the mundane than anyone ever prepared me for.

Some days it just feels good to get it out. To cry. To laugh. To pout. To stomp. To run around. To take a deep breath.
And follow my Grandmother's words of wisdom.....
"Honey, you just need to go to bed and start over tomorrow!"
I think I will.

Night night

No comments:

Post a Comment